Lead the accounting department, manage personnel and implement best in class processes and efficiencies. Define long-term financial strategy, manage financial risk, budgets, and cash flows and safeguard company assets. Forecast revenue, spend, profitability and cash flows. Generate accurate and timely financial reports to be used by management, financial institutions, and governmental agencies. Lead company-wide financial literacy education.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure that month end close process is timely and produces accurate monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
- Review monthly cash forecast, identify trends and variances to projections.
- Analyze general ledger trends and investigate variances.
- Analyze product margins and customer profitability.
- Increase AR collection times and rates and manage customer risk.
- Manage insurance programs and ensure the adequate coverage.
- Work with IT to automate inefficient processes, looking for areas with highest ROI.
- Create and present company-wide financial literacy classes.
- Develop and maintain banking relationships. Manage interest rate risk and maturity of loans.
- Ownership of analyzing the inventory cycle count, slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Maintain financial controls and procedures to detect and prevent fraud and asset misappropriation.
- Oversee and monitor effective tax strategies.
- Work with IT to fully integrate accounting functions into the BOS ERP System.
- Oversee that all aspects of accounting and finance are done in accordance with best practices.
- Work with accounting team to improve the overall efficiency of the department.
- Identify departmental KPI’s and create mini-games to improve performance.
What We Look For:
- Project management, analytical, detail-oriented, assertive, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, develop and nurture effective communication and working relationships.
- Thorough understanding of accounting concepts and principles.
- Experience in working with various tax & business agencies.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and intermediate level Excel.
- Ability to assess inefficiencies in processes and seek to make improvements continually.
- Honesty, integrity, reliability, self-driven, courteous and respectful of others.
- Able to delegate and to collaborate effectively throughout the organization.