Battery-Biz is an employee owned manufacturer of automotive and power accessories with its headquarters located in Camarillo, California. We license brands that consumers know, trust and buy. The Duracell® assortment consists of automotive power products and includes jump-starters, inverters and maintainers. The Goodyear® product line includes a complete offering of tire inflators. The American Red Cross is the latest brand added to our collection and consists of roadside safety accessories and related items. Our Customers are some of the largest retailers in the world.
We focus heavily on our culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride ourselves in ensuring our team is informed and empowered.
If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated A players, the Biz is the place for you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Key participator in the month end close with preparing journal entries and financial reports
- Accounts receivable collections activity for customer accounts as assigned.
- Submission of disputes to customer portals to clear AR balances on a timely basis.
- Collection efforts for past due receivables
- Forecast cash receipts for customer accounts
- Create adjustment memos in operating system to clear account balances
- Monthly reconciliation between Quick Books and operating system
- Partner with CFO to prepare Balance Sheet schedules
- Supports various ad hoc accounting and financial analysis requests from the CFO to meet department objectives.
- Prepare sales and use tax reports.
- Identify existing processes for improved efficiencies and develop new SOP
What We Offer:
- Quarterly Bonus / Profit Sharing.
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Weekly yoga classes at headquarters
- Competitive benefits package
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
What We Look For:
- 4-6 years of experience in a Staff Accountant or similar role
- Advanced knowledge of Quick Books
- 2-3 years of retail industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products, with a focus on Excel
- Ability to collaborate effectively throughout the organization
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable taking initiative
- Seniority level
- Employment type
- Job function
Consumer ElectronicsElectrical/Electronic Manufacturing
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org