Battery-Biz is an employee-owned company located in Camarillo, California. We design and market automotive power products such as powerpacks, portable jump-starters, inverters, and battery maintainers. Our products are sold primarily under the Duracell® brand which we license. Our customers are some of the largest retailers in the world.
We focus heavily on culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom, and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride ourselves in ensuring our employee/owners are informed and empowered.
We believe that climate change is the biggest challenge facing humanity as a whole. To help address this critical issue we’ve launched an internal startup called Phase2 Energy (P2E). P2E is focused on the design and development of lithium-ion-based battery generators (also called gasless or solar generators) which are manufactured with a near-zero carbon footprint. We want to accelerate the shift to sustainable, cost effective and environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional gas generators.
P2E is seeking a Senior Director of Engineering to build out and manage our engineering department. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is highly motivated and has superior management skills. If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated “A” players, this is the place for you! Please apply here or contact our recruiter Emily Do at email@example.com
The Senior Director of Engineering is responsible for building and managing a high output engineering department that develops best in class energy storage devices and other power-related products.
- Recruit, develop and coach engineers and technical personnel
- Scan the market for state of the art technologies
- Create a strategic technology roadmap
- Assign engineers and resources to scrum teams as needed for project development
- Collaborate with head of Product Development department to ensure alignment of plans and methodologies
- Support the CEO and vision of the company
- Work with outside attorneys to file patents covering developed technologies
- Deliver full engineering packages to manufacturing in a timely manner and support smooth transition to mass production
- 7+ years of experience as a manager of engineering teams focused on the development of complex electronic hardware devices that incorporate embedded firmware
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering or consumer electronics engineering environment
- Knowledge of various battery chemistries, solar panels, and power electronics is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
Camarillo, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
Strong communication skills, organized, goal oriented, self-driven, transparency, strong delegation skills, empathy/high EQ, great communicator
Teamwork, accountability, work ethic, calm under pressure, respect, honesty, integrity
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Schedule and Location: M-F 8-5 at our offices in Camarillo, CA. May require overtime and flexibility of the 8-hour shift. Some remote work OK.
- Competitive salary
- Full medical benefits
- Four weeks paid vacation plus standard holidays
- Profit sharing/bonus plan
- Company ownership via Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Open book management culture