Battery-Biz is an employee owned manufacturer of automotive and power accessories with its headquarters located in Camarillo, California. We license brands that consumers know, trust and buy. The Duracell® assortment consists of automotive power products and includes jump-starters, inverters and maintainers. The Goodyear® product line includes a complete offering of tire inflators. The American Red Cross is the latest brand added to our collection and consists of roadside safety accessories and related items. Our Customers are some of the largest retailers in the world.
We focus heavily on our culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride ourselves in ensuring our team is informed and empowered.
If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated A players, the Biz is the place for you.
Provide effective validation and verification of products and/or processes per requirements. Perform electrical, mechanical and visual inspection of assemblies and products during all phases of the product lifecycle. Complete all required data entries for inspected items. Perform product tear down and inspection of components as directed. Work within a team structure to achieve company and department goals. Perform additional duties related to specific area assignments when requested. May be assigned to production activities to support delivery and productivity targets. Maintain a clean and organized work area and follow all established safety guidelines.
Must have as a minimum an AS degree in Electronics, Certificate of completion from an Electronics trade school or 3+ years equivalent experience in electronics. Additionally, 5+ years of experience with inspection of mechanical assemblies. Quality inspection experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Capable of utilizing all standard inspection tools and equipment including calipers, micrometers.
- Must have good mechanical skills and knowledge of product and tools used in the assembly and/or dismantling of mechanical assemblies.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for precision with product quality, condition, or being exact and accurate.
- Have a basic knowledge of ISO/AS procedures.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Must be able to read and understand industry standards
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Meticulous with high attention to detail
- Must have basic PC fundamental skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt through ASQ, CQE/CQM Certification program is a plus.
- Significant experience working directly with internal/external customers
Honest, respectful, accountable, unselfish - puts company interests over individual or department, team player, high performing “A” player.