Battery-Biz is an employee owned manufacturer of automotive and power accessories with its headquarters located in Camarillo, California. We license brands that consumers know, trust and buy. The Duracell® assortment consists of automotive power products and includes jump-starters, inverters and maintainers. The Goodyear® product line includes a complete offering of tire inflators. The American Red Cross is the latest brand added to our collection and consists of roadside safety accessories and related items. Our Customers are some of the largest retailers in the world.
We focus heavily on our culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride ourselves in ensuring our team is informed and empowered.
If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated A players, the Biz is the place for you.
The Production Artist is responsible for a variety of graphic production projects in the print, interactive and web mediums. The role will take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare them for print or digital publication. This position requires a combination of strong creative and technical skills to format various images, documents and illustrations in order to ensure our print and digital designs meet high quality standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for creating and updating a wide variety of artwork:
- Page layouts (multi-page documents) such as user manuals
- Packaging artwork
- Product labeling
- Sales collateral
- Line drawing illustrations
- Ensure production projects adhere to all License and house brand style guides
- Liaise with lead graphic designer and product managers to define design requirements
- Review graphics, layouts and fonts before products are completed
- Finalize designs using image editing software
- Retouch images to improve quality both in print and digital formats
- Suggest and apply image improvements i.e. creating gradients, layers, etc.
- Manage prepress process for print files
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
- Solid knowledge of the printing process and preflighting tools (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Boxshot)
- Proven work experience as a Production Artist, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with graphic design software and image editing tools (e.g. Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, InDesign)
- Working knowledge of Pantone colors, preparing artwork for prepress production, die lines and packaging structure
- Familiarity with formatting graphics for web and presentation use
- Comfortable working with Powerpoint presentations
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding environment and work independently or within a team.
Software Used: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, BOS, Microsoft Office Suite