Battery-Biz is an employee-owned manufacturer and distributor of consumer power products located in Camarillo, California. We license brands that consumers know, trust, and buy. Our Duracell® assortment includes automotive power products such as jump-starters, inverters, and maintainers and emergency prep devices such as solar generators. The Goodyear® product line includes a complete offering of portable tire inflators. Our customers are some of the largest retailers in the world.
We focus heavily on culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom, and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride ourselves in ensuring our team is informed and empowered.
We are seeking a local candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment who is highly motivated with superior project management skills. If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated A players, this is the place for you! Please apply here or contact our recruiter Emily Do at email@example.com
The Product Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of power products designed around and powered by Sealed Lead Acid, Lithium-Ion, and Lithium-Iron Phosphate batteries. The role will be responsible for identifying market and consumer opportunities, translating these opportunities into strategy, and managing the execution process from strategy to implementation. An essential part of the cross-functional development team, the Product Manager will gather and prioritize product and customers’ requirements, define the product vision, and work closely with engineering, vendors, sales, marketing, and other support teams to ensure a steady output of competitive and market relevant products. Duties include development, competitive analysis, cost positioning, and timeline management.
- Provide overall vision and management of product
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each new product introduction
- Ensure successful product implementations by coordinating clear and actionable communications across departments within the company
- Analysis of sales, revenues, and profit margins
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations
- Develop PRD (Product Requirements Document) with features, specifications, and compliance requirements
- Maintain customer compliance requirements
- Expert knowledge of project management fundamentals; Experience in managing product lifecycles
- At least three years of experience in product management and go-to-market functions are required
- Experience in the tech, consumer electronics or solar sector is preferred
- Strong collaboration and project management skills are required
- Strong analytical and data-driven management skills are required
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Experience with Agile project management preferred
Analytical/strategic thinking, organization and planning, proactive, problem solving, creativity/innovation, detail oriented, multi-tasking, effective communication
Teamwork, accountability, work ethic, calm under pressure, respect, honesty, integrity
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
Schedule and Location: M-F 8-5 at our office in Camarillo, CA. A certain number of remote days may be OK. May require overtime and flexibility of the 8-hour shift.
- Competitive salary
- Full medical benefits
- Four weeks paid vacation plus standard holidays
- Profit Sharing/Bonus Plan
- Company ownership via Employee Stock Ownership Plan