Battery-Biz is an employee owned manufacturer of automotive and power accessories with its headquarters located in Camarillo, California. We license brands that consumers know, trust, and buy. The Duracell® assortment consists of automotive power products and includes jump-starters, inverters, and maintainers. The Goodyear® product line includes a complete offering of tire inflators. The American Red Cross is the latest brand added to our collection and consists of roadside safety accessories and related items. Our Customers are some of the largest retailers in the world.
We focus heavily on our culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom, and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride ourselves in ensuring our team is informed and empowered.
Seeking a local candidate who enjoys working in a fast pace environment and who is a high achiever with strong proven leadership skills. If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated A players, the Biz is the place for you.
Maintain a positive relationship with customers by creating an efficient workflow and process. Ensure customer satisfaction through accurate and timely fulfillment or orders received. Provide assistance to various departments, resolve daily issues and contribute to achieving company objectives. Work with VP of Operations and Sr. Director of QA/Production to improve processes and warehouse flow for company growth.
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Use a variety of soft skills and industry knowledge to promote efficiency in the warehouse
- Effective communication skills, including writing, speaking and active listening
- Great interpersonal skills with both internal coworkers and external customers
- Good project management skills using our internal shipping and receiving program
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- In-depth understanding of industry and company best practices for the warehouse
- Physical strength, stamina, and the ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Strong Excel and Microsoft office skills
- Read, understand, and dissect customer routing guides to ensure proper shipping and routing protocols are followed per customer requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely shipping/processing of customer orders. This includes picking, packing, and processing each order using our shipping software to generate required shipping documents.
- Communicate with freight forwarders, customers and vendors as needed.
- Schedule freight, route and submit ASNs in vendor portals for key accounts.
- Oversee and assist with inventory receiving and management.
- Order supplies and shipping material and maintain accurate recording of spend for budget reporting.
- Develop and improve existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for each warehouse task with emphasis on customized shipping procedures, as requested by specific clients.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Minimum of 3+ years of warehouse experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisor position, Forklift Operation,
- ability to lift 50+ lbs, ability to stand and walk for long periods of time,
- Microsoft Office Suite Competencies (Emphasis on Outlook, Word & Excel),
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptionally detail oriented. Able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time.
Knowledge of the 5S Standards, CommerceHub, SPS Commerce
Teamwork, accountability, efficiency, organization and planning, creativity/innovation, high standards, work ethic, calm under pressure, strategic thinking, detail oriented, effective communication, collaboration, honesty, integrity.
Job Type: Full-time
- To ensure safety in the workplace we are asking all employees to wear masks when moving about the building and when a 6ft distance cannot be maintained.
- Work stations have been spaced out to ensure each employee is 6ft apart while working.