Graphics Production Artist
Battery-Biz is an employee-owned manufacturer and distributor of consumer power products located in Camarillo, California. We license brands that consumers know, trust, and buy. Our Duracell® assortment includes automotive power products such as jump-starters, inverters, and maintainers and emergency prep devices such as solar generators. Our customers are some of the largest retailers in the world.
We focus heavily on culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom, and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride ourselves in ensuring our team is informed and empowered.
We are seeking a local candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment who is highly motivated with superior project management skills. If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated A players, this is the place for you! Please apply here or contact our recruiter Emily Do at email@example.com
The Production Artist is responsible for a variety of graphic production projects in the print, interactive and web mediums. The role will take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare them for print or digital publication. This position requires a combination of strong creative and technical skills to format various images, documents and illustrations in order to ensure our print and digital designs meet high quality standards.
- Responsible for creating and updating a wide variety of artwork:
- Page layouts (multi-page documents) such as user manuals
- Packaging artwork
- Product labeling
- Sales collateral
- Line drawing illustrations
- Manage preflight formatting for print files
- Ensure production projects adhere to all License and house brand style guides
- Liaise with lead graphic designer and product managers to define design requirements
- Review graphics, layouts and fonts before products are completed
- Finalize designs using image editing software
- Retouch images to improve quality both in print and digital formats
- Solid knowledge of the printing process and preflight tools (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Boxshot)
- Proven work experience as a Production Artist, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with graphic design software and image editing tools (e.g. Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, InDesign)
- Working knowledge of Pantone colors, preparing artwork for prepress production, die lines and packaging structure
- Familiarity with formatting graphics for web and presentation use
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding environment and work independently or within a team.
Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite
Teamwork, accountability, work ethic, calm under pressure, respect, honesty, integrity
Job Type: Full-time Non-Exempt
Schedule and Location: M-F 8-5 at our office in Camarillo, CA. A certain number of remote days may be OK. May require overtime and flexibility of the 8-hour shift.
- Competitive salary
- Full medical benefits
- Four weeks paid vacation plus standard holidays
- Profit Sharing/Bonus Plan
- Company ownership via Employee Stock Ownership Plan