Battery-Biz is an employee owned manufacturer of automotive and power accessories with its headquarters located in Camarillo, California. We license brands that consumers know, trust and buy. The Duracell® assortment consists of automotive power products and includes jump-starters, inverters and maintainers. The Goodyear® product line includes a complete offering of tire inflators. The American Red Cross is the latest brand added to our collection and consists of roadside safety accessories and related items. Our Customers are some of the largest retailers in the world.
We focus heavily on our culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride ourselves in ensuring our team is informed and empowered.
Seeking a local candidate who enjoys working in a fast pace environment and who is a high achiever with strong proven leadership skills. If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated A players, the Biz is the place for you.
The primary role as the Electrical Engineer is to design and develop battery powered inverters and various DC-DC along with chargers while working with different battery chemistries and charge-discharge characteristics of various batteries.
Uses strong knowledge of various battery chemistries and characteristics, solar panel utilization, MPPT algorithms, and energy storage devices. Works with power electronics, power conversion topologies, and bi-directional controllers.
Use Texas Instruments’ lineup of TMS320 DSCs and Espressif’s ESP32 DSC. Manages design of hardware that uses I2C, SPI, UART, and CAN . Works with hardware level wireless communication including Wi-Fi & Bluetooth. Responsible for creating comprehensive thermal models of switching devices with the understanding of loss mechanisms involved with such devices. Uses hands-on experience with electronic components, soldering, and basic troubleshooting and lab equipment familiarity. Responsible for creating schematics and performing PCB level layout. OrCAD schematic and PADS layout preferred.
- Bachelors preferred and Master of Science in electrical engineering a plus.
- 5+ years of working experience with power electronics and various topologies, analog design, DSC and microcontrollers, and C language.
- Model-based programming using MATLAB/Simulink with Real-Time Workshop and embedded coder is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of magnetics used in power electronics.
- Must have experience with various battery chemistries and characteristics, solar panel utilization, MPPT algorithms, and energy storage devices.
- Must have experience with power electronics, power conversion topologies, and bi-directional controllers.
- You must have hands-on experience with electronic components, soldering, and basic troubleshooting and lab equipment familiarity.
- You must have embedded programming experience, specifically C code experience.
- Proficient with use of various DC-DC converter topologies such as Fly-back, Forward, Push-Pull, ZVS, ZCS, resonant converters, DAB, and PFC corrected front-end.
- Understanding of solar panel operation and MPPT algorithms.
- Experience with inter-processor communication protocols – I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, etc.
- Proficient in schematic creation and PCB layout. OrCAD & PADS preferred.
- Hands-on experience with SMT soldering, troubleshooting, and lab equipment usage.
- Experience with USB Power Delivery (PD) systems, specifically, hardware design of USB type C PD devices.
- Strong understanding of Lithium-Ion batteries especially their charge/discharge characteristics.
- Experience with EMC/EMI design requirements and interactions with test labs such as UL, ETL, TUV, CE, etc.
Competencies: Teamwork, accountability, efficiency, organization and planning, creativity/innovation, high standards, work ethic, calm under pressure, strategic thinking, detail oriented, effective communication, collaboration, honesty, integrity.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule and Location:
8 hour shift, M-F at our office in Camarillo, Ca
- To ensure safety in the workplace we are asking all employees to wear masks when moving about the building and when a 6ft distance can not be maintained.
- Work stations have been spaced out to ensure each employee is 6ft apart while working.