Battery-Biz is an employee-owned manufacturer and distributor of consumer power products located in Camarillo, California. We license brands that consumers know, trust, and buy. Our Duracell® assortment includes automotive power products such as jump-starters, inverters, and maintainers and emergency prep devices such as solar generators. The Goodyear® product line includes a complete offering of portable tire inflators. Our customers are some of the largest retailers in the world.
We focus heavily on culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom, and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a bi-weekly basis. You always know how the company is doing and what your contribution is to the bottom line. We pride ourselves in ensuring our team is informed and empowered.
We are seeking a local candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and who is a high achiever with strong proven analytical and forecasting skills. If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated A players, this is the place for you! Please apply here or contact our recruiter Emily Do at email@example.com!
Ensure all forecasting activities associated with customers and products are timely, accurate, and cost effective. Create and maintain forecast models using available market intelligence, historical data, and forecast information gathered from sales.
Support the Sr. Director of Logistics in managing all activities associated with the product life cycle, including material acquisition, allocation, distribution, and delivery. Assist in monitoring inventory, purchasing, transportation and warehousing activities to maintain and expedite the supply chain.
- Develop effective forecast models and KPI’s based on historical trends and demand patterns.
- Monitor and report on important changes in demand-related issues.
- Conduct regular forecast maintenance to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Review promotional plans with the sales team to understand and react to any impact on the demand forecast and supply chain.
- Perform inventory risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Communicate with freight forwarders, customers, and vendors to coordinate transportation, track and fix shipping issues, and prepare / issue documentation.
- Develop and improve existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy and strategies.
- Oversee demand planning meetings to achieve consensus on the demand and resulting supply chain actions.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a demand planning/forecasting role.
- Good working knowledge of the consumer goods industry.
- Logistics experience a plus
- APICS or other forecasting certification preferred
- Solid understanding of inventory management best practices and procedures.
- Strong mathematical and analytical experience.
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
Analytical/strategic thinking, organization and planning, proactive, problem solving, creativity/innovation, detail oriented, multi-tasking, effective communication
Teamwork, accountability, work ethic, calm under pressure, respect, honesty, integrity
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule and Location: M-F 8-5 at our office in Camarillo, CA. May require overtime and flexibility of the 8-hour shift.
- Competitive salary
- Full medical benefits
- Four weeks paid vacation plus standard holidays
- Profit Sharing/Bonus Plan
- Company ownership via Employee Stock Ownership Plan
To ensure safety in the workplace we are asking all employees to wear masks when moving about the building and when a 6ft distance cannot be maintained.