The Biz is looking for an Controller.
The Mission: Manage the accounting department and implement processes to increase efficiency and accuracy. Supervise the accounting staff to produce timely financial statements. Work with the CFO and Director of IT to more fully integrate QuickBooks and ERP systems, eliminating duplication. Assist in creating and monitoring financial budgets and communicate such to all departments.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Produce monthly profit and loss statements on a timely basis.
- Learn the ERP system and company processes
- Generate all supporting documentation for period close with particular emphasis on the balance sheet schedules.
- Provide all departments monthly reports tracking actual to budget performance.
- Lead integration of the ERP program to the current accounting software
- Cash forecasting
- Analyze monthly trends and investigate variances
- Analyze margin and inventory variances
- Evaluate internal controls and produce SOP’s for major functions within the accounting department.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis and special projects as required
- Serve as a strong leader and mentor for the accounting department including supervision, training and continued development
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-10 years relevant accounting experience preferably prior controller experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business-Accounting
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Excel Software
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and a team player
- Ability to manage and mentor the accounting team
Strong work ethic, respect, open, high standards, teamwork, informal, communication, fun
To apply, please send a current resume to email@example.com