Accounting Clerk (part-time)
Battery-Biz (the Biz) is an employee-owned company located in Camarillo, California. We design and distribute a line of awesome automotive power products under the Duracell brand. You can see our products at www.duracellpower.com. Our customers are some of the biggest retailers in the world.
We offer competitive pay and best in class benefit programs including:
- Quarterly Bonus / Profit Sharing
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Full medical insurance, including your immediate family members
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
We focus on our culture – we are committed to transparency, integrity, trust, freedom and passion. We practice open book management – full financials and other key metrics are shared with everyone in the company on a weekly basis. You always know how the company’s doing and what’s your contribution to the bottom line. You are informed and empowered.
If you’re looking to work with a group of smart, dedicated A players the Biz is the place for you.
The Biz is looking for an Accounting Clerk
Mission: Manage assignments and tasks of General Accounting to achieve specific objectives.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare bank deposits and post cash receipts
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Process adjustment memos
- Manage collections of assigned receivable accounts
- File claims for customer deductions
- Ensure that accounting projects are completed in a timely fashion. Utilize customer portals, internal software database, and other resources to effectively manage projects.
- Enter AP invoices
- Review monthly credit card statements and gather supporting documentation
- Light HR administration - cobra admin, communicate with insurance agent, paperwork requests from outside agencies, etc.
- Project management, detail-oriented, assertive, and organized. Ability to prioritize, develop and nurture effective communication and working relationships.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and principles. Computer savvy.
- Experience with QuickBooks and intermediate level using Excel.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience. Salary DOE.
Strong work ethic, respect, open, high standards, teamwork, informal, communication, fun
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: accounting: 3 years
To apply, contact our Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.